    completely as if they were out of focus.

    Is it something to do with dust on mirrors or CCD or lens ?

    thanks.

    pascal, Feb 28, 2005

  2. pascal

    Lourens Smak Guest

    You have dust on the sensor. the dark spots on the image are actually
    the shadows of the dust particles. The shadows will be more or less
    visible, depending on the size of the lightsource. (= opening of the
    lens) With a small lightsource (F22) the shadows will be at their
    sharpest. (compare with a sunny and overcast day's shadows.)

    Lourens

    Lourens Smak, Feb 28, 2005

  3. pascal

    BG250 Guest

    Quite possible. Shoot at the sky with a small aperture, say f/16. If you are
    seeing these same spots, then it is likely dust.
    bg

    BG250, Feb 28, 2005
  4. pascal

    Sheldon Guest

    Can't be on the mirror since the mirror flips out of the way when you take
    the photo. Like everyone said, take a shot of a clear sky and look for the
    spots. If they are there, then you can get often get rid of them using a
    hand blower. Read the manual and put the camera in a mirror locked up mode,
    then give the sensor a few blasts of air with one of those large, bulb
    shaped blowers (without the brush).

    Sheldon, Mar 1, 2005