    type them again.

    i cannot type d capital or j capital letters.

    rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Trent SC Guest

    Run AdAware, Spybot and a good AV program.

    Trent SC, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    hushia Guest

    Sounds like you need to buy a new keyboard. Did you try with another
    keyboard to check if that solves the problem?

    hushia, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Palindrome Guest

    There are several possibilities.
    Firstly, your computer could be so busy running other things in the
    background that it cannot react quickly enough to your keystrokes. Now,
    if you are running lots of things in the background (eg. defragmenting
    the hard disk, moving hundreds of MBytes from one drive to another,
    backing up your hard disk, converting a DVD movie to divx) then this
    might not be a problem. If you aren't - then someone else might be! You
    could have a trojan, a virus or spyware running on your machine, using
    the processor. If you are connected to the internet it is essential that
    you do use anti-virus and anti-spyware software to prevent and, if that
    fails, to detect this. What your computer may be so busy doing is
    sending a copy of all your keystrokes to someone - including your
    passwords, credit card details, home address, bank details, etc.

    The beeps could indicate a buffer over-run. Typically, whilst you type,
    the letters you take are put in a buffer and taken out from the buffer
    by the program you are using. A beep indicates that you are putting in
    data faster than it can be removed. Typically this is caused by
    overloading the machine as described above. The beep is a warning - much
    in the same way that a beep on a laptop as the battery gets low is a
    warning. If the computer is a desktop, then battery level is not going
    to cause a beep!

    Palindrome, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Yddap Guest

    <Snip >

    Palindrome could you please repeat your last post ,
    I don't think Raj got the message

    :)
    yddap

    Yddap, Apr 2, 2004
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Good gods, why don't we all just accept the fact that either
    you or your computer is possessed and call a priest or something.

    I've NEVER seen anyone with as many computer problems
    as you keep having.

    -= Hawk =-, Apr 2, 2004
  7. Could my motherboard battery cause this problem? Some one suggests it
    should be changed.

    However, now the computer is running fine. I do get shivers in the
    screen as well.

    During those shivers, it reacts like that.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Apr 2, 2004
  8. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Call an exorcist.

    -= Hawk =-, Apr 2, 2004
  9. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Palindrome Guest

    No your motherboard battery is only used when the computer is off. So,
    unless you get keyboard problems when the computer is switched off,
    don't worry about the battery being the cause. :)

    I am glad for you that your computer is running fine. Shivering is not a
    good sign. It generally indicates a temperature problem. Make sure your
    fans are working and that the computer has plenty of space around it for
    air to circulate. Putting the computer against the central heating
    radiator is not a good idea.

    Palindrome, Apr 2, 2004
  10. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Boy am I glad I'm not the ONLY one who noticed that <g>

    Maybe the OP needs a new friend or two? Preferably one who knows computers,
    and one who keeps him away from his!

    Toolman Tim, Apr 3, 2004
  11. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    reid decker Guest

    All computers have a battery. Get a different keyboard.

    reid decker, Apr 3, 2004
  12. Thanks for your sense of humour.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Apr 3, 2004
  13. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Bruce Guest

    And maybe clean your keyboard. Sounds like a function key may be stuck
    down. ( ie. - cntrl key, alt key, etc. )

    ~Bruce~

    Bruce, Apr 4, 2004
  14. Thanks. It is working fine now but your tips are most welcome.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Apr 4, 2004