    the same mac address. It causes boadcasts on the network. Any idea how
    I can prevend this?

    I read about static address entries?

    David Reinhart, Feb 20, 2004

  2. David Reinhart

    shope Guest

    i suggest you put the cluster in their own subnet - that way the broadcasts
    dont go very far (to the layer 3 switch)

    if that doesnt suit then use a 100M hub (not switch) between the 2 or more
    server interfaces and the 1st switchthe hub isolates use of the same MAC on
    2 devices so that your switches dont get confused - issues are 100M shared
    bandwidth limit and the hub is a single point of failure.
    this needs help from your switch(es) - depends on what types you have and
    probably exactly how they are interconnected.

    microsoft or whoever does the cluster probably has a paper on how the
    network should be arranged around the cluster - have a look for that.

    shope, Feb 20, 2004