    virus, so I reboot my computer (windows 2000) as soon as I see the screen.
    Is this a normal thing, or does someone know what is going on?

    Thanks

    SteveW, Apr 27, 2005

  2. SteveW

    Old Gringo Guest

    This information may help you:
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/t1030224677
    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Apr 27, 2005

  3. SteveW

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Occasionally my screen goes blue, with a message that says" dumping physical
    |>memory to disk", and a counter starts counting from 0 up pretty fast. The
    |>message mentions the file "ntoskrnl.exe". I am afraid this is come kind of
    |>virus, so I reboot my computer (windows 2000) as soon as I see the screen.
    |>Is this a normal thing, or does someone know what is going on?

    Run (WinKey+R) DRWTSN32.EXE <enter>

    See what's causing the problem, you can also turn off the dump's from
    here.

    Pennywise, Apr 27, 2005
  4. SteveW

    °Mike° Guest

    How about providing the EXACT error message?

    °Mike°, Apr 27, 2005
  5. SteveW

    ellis_jay Guest

    http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...6306.html+dumping+physical+memory+virus&hl=en

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Apr 27, 2005
  6. SteveW