Dumb question.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by David Maggard, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Does anyone know of any financing options or aid programs that help with
    David Maggard, Aug 5, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. David Maggard

    billyw Guest

    in the uk .. yes
    billyw, Aug 5, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. David Maggard

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 5, 2003
  4. David Maggard

    Gary - US Guest

    Band Aid?


    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    ** Kindly Do The Needful **
    Gary - US, Aug 5, 2003
  5. David Maggard

    Consultant Guest

    get hurt on your current job, then have edd pay for you to retrain
    Consultant, Aug 5, 2003
  6. David Maggard

    Maestro Guest

    If you have the GI Bill VA will reimburse you for your
    Maestro, Aug 5, 2003
  7. David Maggard

    KLXrider Guest

    They will also pay for some of your training. I don't think they will
    pay the full cost yet.

    KLXrider, MCNGP #18
    KLXrider, Aug 5, 2003
  8. David Maggard

    Gary K Guest

    investment i.e. have the aptitude and brains, Department of Vocational
    Rehabilitation in the State of Washington will fund the entire proceedings.
    They are currently doing just that for me.

    They got me a couple of cheap servers, a workstation, a router and cabling,
    OS's, all the books I need to study the subjects thoroughly, the practice
    tests I needed, paid for all exams, and paid for my gas to travel back and
    forth to take exams as the closest testing center is more than a 100 miles
    away. They are also paying for a CCNA cert and a couple of Linux certs.

    Oh, they also got me a Boson Netsim to help prepare for the CCNA test. It
    is pretty cool. Works great. Nothing like being able to get hands on
    configuration experience without having to actually having a bank of

    I've got one MCSE test left but took a break from Microsoft to study for my
    CCNA and am probably about month or so away from being able to take that
    exam, as I wanted to get this out of the way before Cisco retires the
    640-607 exam.

    If you have been injured pretty badly, or are disabled from other causes,
    the Vocational Rehab program in your state may be able to help. I know the
    State of Idaho will help in this line, but they won't help nearly as much as
    Washington does. They will pay tuition only. All books, equipment, etc...
    would have to come out of your own pocket. Well, in Washington you have to
    help pay too if you have the resources. I'm just flat broke after too long
    without a job so they paid for all of it.

    DVR is a Godsend. I owe them a debt I'll never be able to repay. They gave
    me hope when I thought I'd never be able to work again.
    Gary K, Aug 5, 2003
  9. David Maggard

    Maestro Guest

    I think this is true of most states to one degree or
    another. Most people just aren't aware of it.
    Maestro, Aug 5, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.