    Can the x64 version of windows support 4 processors?
    (I'm assuming the dual core AMDs are treated as 2 physical processors.)

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Guest

    Peter Lawton Guest

    No, dual core processors are treated as a single processor for licensing
    purposes.

    So XP x64 supports up to 2 dual core processors (4 cores)

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Jun 27, 2005

  3. Processors are counted per socket, not per core, so your dual 275's are
    counted as 2 processors for licensing purposes. This means they ARE supported
    by XP.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Windows XP Pro x64 edition supports up to 8 concurrent threads (2 processors,
    with 2 cores each, and 2 threads per core).

    Guest, Jun 27, 2005
  6. On the list. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2005
  7. very long list by now and, as I'm leaving South Africa to Belgium and I'm
    busy with the removal company, I'm not going to be of any help before next
    week , sorry guys....

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  9. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  10. done.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 27, 2005
  11. That was quick!
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 28, 2005