Dual Monitor Display!

Discussion in 'Software' started by unholy, Jan 13, 2006.

?

Is Dual Monitor Sweet?

  1. OWNAGE MAN, ITS OWNAGE

    3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Thats Cool

    2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Meh i like single Screen

    1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Thats gay as if u would want dual!!!

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Well my TV in the lounge room is no bigger then a 17" (510mm), so :p.

    unholy, Jan 18, 2006

  2. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    My living room set is a 40" HDTV and the one in the den is like 32". My monitors are 21", nothing smaller than that seems to work for me, eyesight just isn't as good as it used to be.

    The Modfather, Jan 19, 2006

  3. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    ur like 40, my dads 55 and he doesn't have any problem with the 51cm :| though he was thinking about getting a new 106cm LCD TV

    unholy, Jan 20, 2006
  4. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm 41 now, um, 51cm eh? Errr... Wouldn't that be very small? I hate trying to do metric conversions when I'm tired. :)

    The Modfather, Jan 21, 2006
  5. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    its about 17" :p

    unholy, Jan 22, 2006
  6. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Oh, okay. Wow, we haven't had a TV that small since I was a baby. We had a 19" TV when I was a kid, eventually we got a 21" TV and then just before I moved out we had a 32" but that's all I can remember. I've never had one smaller than a 37" in my house. Can't see how a 17" TV would even be viewable from a comfortable distance.

    The Modfather, Jan 22, 2006
  7. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yes it isn't :p

    unholy, Jan 23, 2006
  8. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    This is very confusing....

    ....just what do you have?

    (1) Two independent monitors connected to the same videocard.

    (2) Two independent monitors connected to two videocards in one computer.

    (3) One really wide monitor connected to one videocard.

    (4) Special software that spreads one image across two monitors (i.e. Windows XP).

    (5) Nothing special. You're just pulling our chain with late-night fuzzy pictures....:sleep:

    bigal, Feb 1, 2006
  9. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Lol, i choose
    (1)

    And soon i want 4 MONITORS MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)

    unholy, Feb 2, 2006
  10. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hmm, 4.1 Surround Video sounds like fun.

    The Modfather, Feb 2, 2006
  11. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    What's that last .1 of a channel? All colours below a certain point? :p

    XhArD, Feb 2, 2006
  12. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    no a touchscreen for winamp :) (little 2 inch one)

    unholy, Feb 2, 2006
  13. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You know what?

    I want one of those domes or big round screens that you project an image on. You get inside of it so you are surrounded by the image. It's like gaming in 3D - maybe more like real life.

    bigal, Feb 2, 2006
  14. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I read about those things, but they cost an assload don't they? Are they even available to the public yet?

    XhArD, Feb 2, 2006
  15. unholy

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I don't know anymore about them...

    ....and I actually forgot where I saw one. I believe it might have been a picture from some trade show, so you should look for reviews of recent computer-related trade shows with Google.

    bigal, Feb 2, 2006
  16. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I saw one in a show they have on TV here, probably an Ameri9can show, Beyond Tomorrow. They have a look at all the groovy new gadgets people are inventing.

    XhArD, Feb 3, 2006
  17. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Actually Beyond Tomorrow ***IS*** an Australian show! I'll be damned, we found one! It must be a sign of the end times!

    I want one of those monitors that mounts in your brain and just replaces your current reality with a better one. With feel-a-vision too.

    And the .1 is like the .1 in 5.1 surround sound goofy.

    The Modfather, Feb 3, 2006
  18. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I know it's like the .1 in surround sound, but what is .1 channel of video?

    XhArD, Feb 3, 2006
  19. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    the Lower aspects of the video, maybe something to do with the Feel or quality of the Video? something like Motion Blur, or AA or even just lens flares, u could say.

    unholy, Feb 4, 2006
  20. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Like I said, same as what the ,1 is in 5.1 surround sound. 5.1 means 5 speakers from 1 source.

    4.1 video would be 4 monitors from 1 video source.

    The Modfather, Feb 4, 2006