    what brand would you recommend? (I checked at Videohelp.com, which
    I've not visited in a while, but couldn't find any recommendations of
    media.)

    Stan Brown, May 13, 2012

  2. Stan Brown

    kaboom Guest

    **Peruse these URLs for some recommendations:

    http://club.myce.com/f33/

    http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

    http://club.myce.com/f33/taiyo-yuden-best-world-dl-exist-326651/

    I used to use the forums at afterdawn as well but they seem to be
    quite unpopulated lately.

    If you go dual layer, you have to go DVD+R. The best dual layers right
    now are the Verbatims. Last I knew, try to find Made in Singapore.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, May 14, 2012

  3. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    Thanks for the fast response!

    I looked at your "digitalfaq" link, and they do recommend Verbatim
    (which surprised me) but said JVC Taiyo Yuden was "an excellent
    second choice".

    Stan Brown, May 14, 2012
  4. Stan Brown

    kaboom Guest

    **You're welcome! I use Taiyo Yuden Premium Line DVD-R for
    single-layer burns and Verbatims (Singapore) for dual layer. Getting
    the Singapore Verbatims is beginning to become a crapshoot. The last
    time I bought recording media, I bought so much in one shot that I've
    been using that for the past couple of years. Now I'm running low and
    I have to order more TYs as well as some dual layers. I wait for
    specials at Supermediastore.

    kaboomie

    kaboom, May 15, 2012