    also, if you're running a dual core (two cores on 1 processor)
    will Home edition take full advantage of this for the software?

    thanks!

    Ben Markson, Nov 10, 2005

  2. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    There is only one processor and even if there are multi threads running
    in the program each thread must get it's slice of processing time on the
    processor as other threads must wait their turn to use the processor.

    The Windows O/S uses threads itself to run so an application running its
    own threads is not going to make a difference to the O/S.

    If a program is using dual processors, then the program is going to be
    developed/designed to use the dual processors. Just because a machine has
    dual processors doesn't mean the program is going to use that technology.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Ben Markson

    Fakename Guest

    I don't know if the game is using "multithreading" to mean
    "hyperthreading" which I believe is an Intel trademark, but if it is
    refering to hyperthreading then yes, I believe support has to be built
    into the software to take advantage of the dual core to increase the
    ammount of data processed per cycle. Otherwise, you won't see a benefit
    from the second core.

    But I haven't read up on this stuff too much so I could be way wrong.

    Fakename, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    One other thing FakeAss then I am going to leave your dumb ass alone.

    I started in the IT field in 1971 on the IBM mainframes, moved to
    programming in 1980 and moved back and forth on the mainframe and client
    server environments until 1996 when I moved completely to the MS platform.
    Now, I am .Net certified and writing .Net applications starting with writing
    C # .Net Windows Services, ASP.Net and Windows desktop applications using
    Web Services and I am still going strong.

    And they are paying me some long long long $$$$$$ for my expertise. I
    already know that I have seen more, done more and I have forgotten more
    than your dumb ass will every know.

    You see stupid, it's not what you know. It's do you know how to go find and
    apply the information when you need it and not keep that shit locked up in
    your brain leading to a brain fart. And Google is a good tool to get
    information as I am not about to repeat the same GOD DAMN thing over and
    over to people. I'll point them to it or tell them to go find it when needed
    and if one has any sense, then he or she will be able to figure it out as it
    doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it.

    It's fools like you that try to prove this, that and the other about how
    much you know and you actually had the GOD DAMN ordasity to try and get in
    my face with your little chicken shit take on things.

    I'll see you around you punk-ass little *Bitch*.

    Duane Arnold, Nov 11, 2005
  5. Ben Markson

    nos1eep Guest

    That depends on the motherboard. Some mobo's share the fsb and the
    bandwidth has to be shared by both processors. Some do not.
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 11, 2005
  6. Ben Markson

    Fakename Guest

    Oh, you're still here?

    Fakename, Nov 11, 2005
  7. I dont get why Duane is so mad??

    matthewbyrnes, Nov 11, 2005
  8. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    wrote in

    You think I am mad but I am not. I just like dogging and cussing fools like
    him out and having a little fun.

    If you ever have seen the TV show the Black Sheep Squadron and know who
    SGT. Mickland is that's kind of me.:)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 11, 2005
  9. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Yeah Plastic Jim I am still here so I can test your plastic spine. I am
    through with the tests for now.

    Let me tell you about (you) Plastic Jim. You're the type of person that
    if you see someone getting robbed, you'll try and be a man stand-up and
    show a little spine and come to the rescue. You'll get shot dead but the
    robbie will say Plastic Jim was a hell of a man and had a spine. I know
    you don't. Now, if you were being robbed, you'll piss in your pants, beg
    for your life and still get shot because you had a plastic spine.

    Fakename, FakeAss, and FakeSpine = Fake Plastic Jim (you).

    And unlike the fake 1337 which an Internet fool like you will use,
    Plastic Jim is a little deeper as written and sung by Sly.

    And you're a true Plastic Jim -- look it up use *Google*. :) You may have
    to download it and play it to listen about you.

    Sheriff with the FakeName and Plastic Spine.

    Later!

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 11, 2005
  10. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    <Yeah, Yeah K-School-Mammy whatever you drunk>

    <School-Mammy take care of your rug rats you drunk.>

    <g>

    Duane Arnold, Nov 12, 2005
  11. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    <But I'll tell you what K-Mammy-Nasty.>

    <You do have a sprinkel of spine in you.>

    <Hey, how about the show you put on for the K-Rug-Rats the other day?>

    <Did you please them?>

    <Did they FETCH for you?>

    <Apprently, they didn't call Child Welfare on you to have you locked-up.
    <g>>

    Duane Arnold, Nov 12, 2005
  12. Ben Markson

    Fakename Guest

    It's the psychology of an insecure usenet troll who realizes he doesn't
    look as smart as he thought he did.

    Fakename, Nov 12, 2005
  13. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    And you still have no spine.

    Duane Arnold, Nov 12, 2005
  14. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I don't pull any punches. If someone get's on my wrong side, I will dog them
    out. I don't go after people but I will protect myself and I will go on the
    attack when need be. I have been in this NG helping people for a long time.
    This *clown* Fake???? has just shown up recently and is nobody as far as I
    am concerned. You can tell what a person is about by the name he or she
    uses. That name tells a lot about ones character and the name *Fake* in it
    should tell one a lot about him. I never came after this *clown* he came
    after me. I was minding my own business and *BAM* here is this *clown*.

    People who are still left in this NG after the snake pit it turned into and
    still is just that as far as I am concerned as long as K-Mammy-Nasty is here
    know that I don't mess with someone unless I have been messed with first and
    that fool did just that. He runs his mouth and slithers like the snake that
    he is about.

    But in the meantime, it just the Internet no more and no less and it is just
    not that serious. However, for some people apparently, this is the only
    thing they have in life. <g>

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 12, 2005
  15. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    <You are one POS that keeps your big mouth running all the damn time
    about nothing -- Queen aka K-Man/K-Mammy-Nasty.>

    <It's impossible for you to keep your big mouth shut and stay out of
    <other people's business.>

    <You're a drunk *clown* 24/7 365 K-School-Mammy that needs a life.>

    <Like I said before, someone needs to call Child WarFare on you and have
    someone take a look at your household.>

    <You cannot be taking care of those K-Rug-Rats in your household like
    you're supposed to be doing as you spend way way too much time out on the
    Internet.>

    <You too are a fool/clown that has the ordasity and the need to put your
    wortleess comments on things that are not your bussiness.>

    <Your posts are worthless to me and you are worthless to me as you make
    the worthless posts that I don't read.>

    <Again, it would mean something as little as that is if I were reading
    your worthless posts.>

    <I don't see why you can't figure it out.>

    <Why don't you and FakeAss hook up and communicate? He is someone that
    doesn't have a spine, life or sex in a while and neither have you and you
    can run right over him and control the situation.>

    <You do seem a little protective. <g>>

    <Both of you are *Fake* and it's a perfect match.>

    <Stop taking to me as I am not intrested in you as much as you want me to
    be. <g>>

    <The only worth you would have to me is if I could turn you out and put
    you on the streets.>

    <And I don't think it would be that hard to do.<g>>

    Duane Arnold, Nov 12, 2005
  16. Ben Markson

    Fakename Guest

    After listening to quite a few of your rants I have to wonder: is your
    condition natural or the result of a head injury?

    Fakename, Nov 12, 2005
  17. Ben Markson

    Plato Guest

    Why are you feeding the trolls?

    Plato, Nov 12, 2005
  18. Ben Markson

    nos1eep Guest

    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they
    have to say something.

    Plato
    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 13, 2005
  19. Ben Markson

    Fakename Guest

    You don't find him ammusing?

    Fakename, Nov 13, 2005
  20. Ben Markson

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You got a spine after all just checking. In the meantime, I and my co
    worker/friends from India working this contract here in Reno, NV are on our
    way out to do a little gambling or gaming as they call it here in Reno.

    You have fun stuck out here on the Internet ya hear.

    LOL

    Duane Arnold, Nov 13, 2005