    Before installing X64 i worked with XP PRO and i saw two core's. I could
    even choose wich task to give to wich processor.
    With X64 i see only one core. Is that normal ?

    Guest, Aug 16, 2005

  2. Guest

    Rick Guest

    Rick, Aug 16, 2005

  3. In addition to Rick's suggestion, make sure you have the latest BIOS from
    your motherboard manufacturer and have their motherboard drivers installed
    as well.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 16, 2005
  4. Guest

    Default User Guest

    I also am using the 4400+. Neat cpu. You do need to update the BIOS and
    may need to install the AMD cpu driver for x64. Those are the only two
    requirements I know of for enabling both cores in XP Pro x64.

    Default User, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Guest

    Ken Guest

    Whether or not he needs to update the driver is dependent on the motherboard
    manufacturer, very few 939 boards actually supported the X2 at it's
    release....... Obviously there's no harm in doing it...... And of course
    load the AMD driver.

    Ken, Aug 17, 2005
  6. Guest

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Any recent vintage 939 pin mobo that is capable of supporting an FX chip can
    be upgraded via BIOS to support X2. That is another advantage of the AMD X2
    architecture over the Intel semi-dual-core processors. with the Memory
    controller, crossbar, L2 cache and the hypertransport interface on the
    processor die, the X2 is compatible with a wide range of 939 pin
    motherboards and memory.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 17, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Of course i did an upgrade of my MB (MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum) and i downloaded
    the newest X64 drivers from the website of AMD.
    There must be another problem.
    Does someone have an idea ?

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005