    please?

    regards,

    Barry

    anonymous2005686, May 11, 2005

  2. anonymous2005686

    Michael Guest

    I guess you can, because my computer does exactly that! I have Home Edition
    on one drive and Windows Server 2003 on the other drive.

    Michael, May 11, 2005

  3. anonymous2005686

    A Guest

    Hi Barry - How do you know you can boot from an extended partition - have
    you tried it? Alan A+

    A, May 11, 2005
  4. anonymous2005686

    A Guest

    And how do you get Windows Server 2003 to boot?

    A, May 11, 2005
  5. Hi Alan,

    You should find it on the internet or read books. Yes you can dual boot from
    the extended partition as long as both use the same format and or not
    dynamic.

    regards,

    Barry
    A+, Network+

    anonymous2005686, May 11, 2005
  6. anonymous2005686

    MF Guest

    top posting is good :)

    Billy is right. He left out how you do it. Simply install 2003. when it
    tells you you can't upgrade from xp just click ok or next or whatever. it
    will ask you if you want to to a clean install. say yes. proceed.

    now here's what i always forget- exactly where it asks you if you want to
    pick ***or create*** the partition you want to install it to. just keep
    clicking on "options" or "customize" or whatever other fancy choice it gives
    you on the screens in the wizard.

    don't chose any of those options till you find the one that gives you the
    choose or create the partition screen, then choose to create a logical drive
    in the extended partition and format it with ntfs. (or, if you want to test
    the convert program, choose fat 32, and convert it later. it works :) dont
    worry))

    then just go on choosing and clicking and it will install and install it's
    boot manger - boot.ini - which when you start up will give you a choice
    between xp and 2k3.

    works like a charm.

    good luck.

    Mike

    MF, May 12, 2005
  7. anonymous2005686

    MF Guest

    Oh, boy, do they ever. It always amazes me how cranked up some guys get
    about it. With the endless list of things on earth to get cranked about,
    how does top/bottom posting get so (apparently) near the top of the list?

    My favorite bottom post phenomena is where the poster quotes about twenty
    begin swarming in your brain, and then you reach the current poster's
    .. five word comment. Or "Check this" and a link.

    Speaking of links: check this: http://www.markusleonhardt.de/oelbilder.html
    A guy in germany is running a computer submerged in vegetable oil. My
    question: store brand or expensive imported extra virgin?

    MF, May 12, 2005
  8. anonymous2005686

    Michael Guest

    When I start my computer, a screen asks which OS do I want to boot. I simply
    select Server 2003.

    Michael, May 13, 2005
  9. anonymous2005686

    MF Guest

    Theoretically, the meanings are unlimited. (Just to confuse things more,
    the foregoing is an obscure reference to a post in another thread.) :)

    MF, May 13, 2005
  10. If you don't know how to dual boot a PC, you have no business being a
    A+ or a MCP

    returnoftheyeti, May 16, 2005