    3.11 For Workgroups.

    I couldn't really do any partitioning because I can't buy Partition Magic.

    -Travis

    Travis, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Travis

    Duane Arnold Guest

    That's a good question and you would need DOS 6.22 installed first. The
    second issue would be would anything work with DOS 622 and Windows 3.X.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Travis

    cbm5 Guest

    Why bother repartitioning and dualbooting? Just install WfW 3.11 on a
    VMWare machine. You can actually use the free VMWare Player and an image
    from the VMWare site, hit Esc while the VM boots up and choose a CD to
    install from. A little tweaking of the .vmx file and you could probably
    install from floppies.

    I have Win98 running on a VMWare Player right now.

    cbm5, Nov 20, 2005
  4. Travis

    HF Guest

    HF, Nov 20, 2005
  5. Travis

    Travis Guest

    By VM you mean virtual machine I hope

    I could get Microsoft Virtual Machine and just run it on there, although I
    still like dual-booting.

    Travis, Nov 20, 2005
  6. Travis

    Travis Guest

    HF, that didn't really help me.
    It was just dual booting windows 9x, nt, me, 2000 and stuff.

    I want to dual boot Windows XP with Windows 3.11 or Windows 3.11 with
    Windows XP (whichever is correct)

    I guess I can get Partition Magic off LimeWire if that would be easier.

    Travis, Nov 20, 2005
  7. Travis

    cbm5 Guest

    Apparently you have no clue what I'm saying. Microsoft only has a Java
    VM, which has nothing to do with VMWare. VMWare, if you bothered to
    Google it, is located at http://www.vmware.com and has a free virtual
    machine player available for download. It will allow you to essentially
    have an entire computer running within a window on your XP machine. You
    can install DOS, Windows, Linux, or whatever on it.

    cbm5, Nov 20, 2005
  8. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    easier.

    Google up programz. Go to the first link. Partition Commander is good.

    __

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Nov 20, 2005
  9. Travis

    Travis Guest

    Thanks for all your feedback, I got PartitionMagic 8 Full, and should I just
    burn the files to a cd, boot from the cd and install windows 3.1 to my new
    partition? or someother way.

    -thanks

    Travis, Nov 22, 2005
  10. Travis