    Windows XP" is greyed out.

    I've read on some forums that MS wants OS installed old to new. Am I
    out of luck here?

    jcl, Mar 3, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 3, 2006

  3. jcl

    monique Mair Guest

    Just one question? I have installed x64 on a new system (no other OS) I
    am loving it! Why install something old? Just my opinion, I considered
    that as well Andre is right the article on the forum is helpful. Good Luck!
    Monique

    monique Mair, Mar 3, 2006
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 3, 2006
  5. jcl

    jcl Guest

    I'm finding that there are some tools (e.g., Work Item utility for Team
    System) that won't work with XP x64.

    Jennifer

    jcl, Mar 3, 2006
  6. As Andre suggests, see my dual boot blog for how to set up dual booting,
    even if you're doing it in the wrong order. Another thing to consider - run
    your older OS in a virtual machine, using VMWare or Virtual Server.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 3, 2006
  7. Be sure to report this as a bug.

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Mar 3, 2006
  8. jcl

    jcl Guest

    Thank you all for your help. I did get the dual boot working.

    jcl, Mar 7, 2006