    during installation? Can I have this type of dual boot (x64 on one drive and
    x32 on another both with the same controller)?

    Thank you.

    Guest, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    You really need to provide system information for people to help.
    Motherboard, chipset and types of drives (ide or sata) Do both of your
    drives show up in the POST. Maybe if they are IDE you have your
    master/slave set wrong. Both drives should show up during setup.

    John Barnes, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Install the older XP 32 bit on one partition first. Then install x64 on a
    seperate partition. The trick is to install the newest operating system last
    and install them onto seperate partitions or disks.

    Guest, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am having a slightly different problem. I am running XP Pro on drive c:
    and was running XP 64 trial version on drive d:. I received the TAP version,
    formatted drive c:, went through the install using the same sata/raid drivers
    that worked before and XP64 will not run when selected from the dual boot
    menu. I have repeated the format and install 3 times with no success.
    Nothing has changed in the system setup. Recommendations?

    Guest, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Are you saying that you had a 32bit Windows partition and a 64bit Windows
    partition and that you tried to replace your 32bit edition of Windows with
    the second 64bit one? If so, my question is why? I would have replaced the
    trial and continued on with 32 and 64bit editions multibooted.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 23, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Perhaps I could have been more clear.
    I was running XP Pro on my c: drive and the downloaded version of XP 64 on
    my d: drive. When I received the TAP version I formatted my d: drive and
    installed the TAP on it. The install appeared to go normally, but when I
    start my computer and select XP 64 from the dual boot menu it will not boot
    and returns be to the dual boot menu. If I select XP Pro it works fine.
    I had the same problem with the trial version I received by mail but when I
    replaced it with the downloaded version I had no problems.
    My hard drives are SATA and I have the drivers on a floppy. I am going to
    check again and see if there are later drivers than the ones I have.

    Guest, Jul 24, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That does sound a SATA driver problem alright.

    Guest, Jul 24, 2005
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That was the problem. I went to the viaarena site and download the latest
    drivers, and followed the instructions. Did a repair install and it works
    like a champ.

    Guest, Jul 24, 2005
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Great! I'm glad to hear you are up and running. Now I wonder if Kevin will
    eventually post a reply of some sort. :)

    Guest, Jul 24, 2005