    understand that XP Pro x64 will run 32-bit and 64-bit programs just fine. I
    have some 16-bit programs (games) that I still want to be able to run under
    XP Pro.

    Guest, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Ken Tucker [MVP], Feb 8, 2006

  3. As Ken said, not the same partition. Same Disk is O.K., further you cannot
    run any 16bit processes, therefore you cannot install 32bit programs that
    uses a 16bit installer. Usually not the biggest problem, but common
    non-the-less.

    Best work around - keep your oldie a while before shipping it off to a
    museum, or dual-boot.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 8, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Ken, very helpful article! Answered all my questions.

    Guest, Feb 9, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you for your reply Charlie, also very helpful. Great blog and previous
    article by you!

    Guest, Feb 9, 2006