    can be done; the question is how?

    Grateful for somebody to tell me where the elusive switch is.

    John (put CAT out to reply)

    JWL, Jan 1, 2004

  2. JWL

    Paul - xxx Guest

    JWL posted ...
    Right click 'My Computer' - properties - Advanced - 'Startup and Recovery' -
    Settings ...

    Paul - xxx, Jan 1, 2004

  3. JWL

    Trax Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:06:43 GMT, "JWL"

    |> I've just created a dual boot system, W98SE and XP-Pro, and switch between
    |> them using BootMagic. However when switching into XP that system's Boot
    |> Manager then springs into life and also asks which OS I'd prefer. Googling
    |> nor RTFMing tells me how to disable XP's dual-boot manager but I know how it
    |> can be done; the question is how?
    |>
    |> Grateful for somebody to tell me where the elusive switch is.
    |>
    |> John (put CAT out to reply)

    You can edit the boot.ini to read timeout=0 with XP being your default OS
    (round about way)

    or:
    http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/pm4-boot.shtml
    says to reinstall BM.

    Trax, Jan 1, 2004
  4. JWL

    JWL Guest

    Thanks both Paul and Trax

    I'm getting all sorts of weird things happening now, time to stop for the
    night and carry on tomorrow.

    Rgds

    John

    JWL, Jan 1, 2004