Dual Boot for Windows 2000 server and Windows XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    CPU : AMD ATHLON 64 3200 +
    MB : MSI K8N NEO4

    I installed windows 2000 Advanced server in my system on SATA HDD.

    Then I wanted to install windows XP x64 as dual operating system.

    When i inserted the windows xp x64 CD, when windows 2000 server is up and
    running. It given a message that "Installation must be done only be rebooting
    the machine and booting with the CD."

    Then i installed Windows XP x64 on another ATA HDD.

    Now i am using both operating systems by changing the booting sequence in
    BIOS.

    How to make dual boot for the Windows 2000 advanced server and windows xp
    x64 , which are installed on two differerent HDD.

    Please help me

    Guest, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    With both drives connected when you installed x64, you should have access to
    both systems, unless you changed boot order. Go into recovery console on
    the x64 disk and when you get to select system to boot from, there should be
    3 (one should be the CD with no administrator password). Select any one you
    know the password for, at the command prompt use bootcfg /rebuild you
    can do map before to see if both systems are recognized.

    John Barnes, Dec 5, 2005