    Can I setup both band on the laptop so that I can simultaneously download a
    movie on the 5Ghz and watch another on the 2.4Ghz.

    Thank you.

    news, Jun 23, 2009

  2. news

    Evan Platt Guest

    No. As long as your laptop supports one of the capabilities the router
    supports, you're fine.
    Uhhh... what?

    That makes no sense.

    Watching a movie takes up no bandwidth - unless you're streaming it
    over your wireless. And assuming you mean download a movie from the
    internet, how fast do you think your internet connection is? 5 mbps?
    maybe 12? That's using just a SMALL portion of the wireless.

    Evan Platt, Jun 23, 2009

  3. news

    Mike Easter Guest

    It is most likely that your LT doesn't have/do 5ghz.
    N doesn't mean 5ghz.
    Most likely you won't be able to use the 5ghz at all.

    Snippages follow:

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10103870-1.html For you to take
    advantage of the 5Ghz frequency, the receivers (client machines/adapters)
    also needs to support this frequency. Most of the existing wireless
    adapters, however, are made to support only the 2.4Ghz. [...] in all of
    the dual-band routers I've worked with: the range of the 5Ghz frequency
    is shorter than that of the 2.4Ghz frequency. Often, the 5Ghz throughput
    performance is not much faster that of the 2.4Ghz, either. ... the two
    most important factors are range and throughput performance. Personally,
    I find that 2.4Ghz Wireless-N routers are still the best for this.

    Mike Easter, Jun 23, 2009