dsl / wired network / setup

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Eddy Long, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. Eddy Long

    Eddy Long Guest

    Thanks again for taking the time out to answer my questions yesterday on
    networking two computers.

    We have:

    PII @ 350mhz Windows 98FE

    PIII @ 500mhz Windows 98SE

    Telephone company provides DSL service in our communtity.

    They will provide:

    DSL modem

    software.
    ---------------------------------

    To recap:

    To network the two computers on a _wired_ network we have to purchase:

    [Linksys] Etherfast Cable/DSL Router with 4 port

    [Linksys] USB Network Adapter 100M Etherfast (2) - as an alternative to
    opening tower of both computers and installing a ethernet card.

    Cable

    To hook up:

    DSL modem goes into phone jack and Router goes into modem.

    The USB Network Adapters go into the USB ports of _each_ computer and out to
    the router.
    -------------------------

    Please advise if this is the necessary steps.

    Thanks again for your time.
    E.

    Eddy Long, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Eddy Long

    ady Guest

    You got it :)

    Ady

    ady, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Eddy Long

    The One Guest

    Your not going to do it the cheap way then

    The One, Nov 19, 2004