    phones when the wire comes in I will use the splitter and filter , than I
    can go directly to the dsl modem . Is this OK. Thanks to all in advance for
    your time, and promptness.

    Tommy, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Tommy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    If you don't follow the directions that came with your equipment it will not
    work. You need a filter on all lines connected to a telephone.

    pcbutts1, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Tommy

    G. Morgan Guest

    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    It should be working, however you might have to connect via PPoE which
    will require authentication. Did you get a user/password combo?
    You *might* have to load the software if it does the PPoE
    authentication. Otherwise no, you don't have to.
    You should probably set the network settings to use WINS.

    If you have a filter that connects at the telephone NID (gray box
    outside) that will suffice, and is better than putting individual
    filters at each phone. Also if you have a monitored alarm system
    there are issues with that as well. Be sure to TEST the alarm.

    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Oct 15, 2004
  4. The software won't work until your active date.

    Also, don't put a filter on the phone line that connects to the DSL modem.

    PigSkin the Evil Twin, Oct 16, 2004