    get dropped. He says the aircard does not loose signal just the Cisco
    VPN client does. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Thanks!!

    rossk, Oct 29, 2007

  2. rossk

    rossk Guest

    Any thoughts or ideas??

    rossk, Nov 1, 2007

  3. rossk

    Merv Guest

    Check the setting for max TCP retransmissions and how many errors are
    occuring on wireless card:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314053

    check for retransmission using command :

    netstat -s

    Merv, Nov 2, 2007
  4. rossk

    notaccie Guest

    How often this will happen depends upon how much the user is moving
    around. Generally, if the user is sitting at the park, you won't
    normally have disconnects with cellular wireless. If the user is
    moving/roaming, you can expect that there will be disconnects as
    connections or response timings change through cell handoffs, etc.

    This is a pretty common experience. I see this more as an expected
    behavior with IPSEC VPNs like the Cisco VPN Client <--> VPN
    concentrator or ASA. IPSEC is properly sensitive to the nature of the
    connection and to change. If you want to see more, put either/both
    ends into debug mode.

    The alternative is to go to a system that is more geared to mobility
    by implementing proxy sessions on one end and connection
    recovery/persistence on the other end. It isn't spelled Cisco,
    however.

    good luck.

    notaccie, Nov 3, 2007