    What is a good site (s) to download 64 bit drivers?

    Thanks

    Ram

    Guest, Jun 25, 2005

  2. Bruce Chambers, Jun 25, 2005

  3. www.planetamd64.com

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 25, 2005
  4. Guest

    M. Murcek Guest

    Dell has x64 driver son their site for the workstations that they support
    x64 on.

    M. Murcek, Jun 25, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    WOW since when did Dell start useing AMD? Perhaps I would not dislike them so
    much.

    Guest, Jun 26, 2005
  7. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 26, 2005
  8. Guest

    M. Murcek Guest

    Driver support for x64 Edition is not the same thing as AMD support. Dell's
    products use Intel processors that support EM64T, which CAN run x64
    Edition...

    M. Murcek, Jun 26, 2005
  9. Guest

    NNBXX Guest

    Yes, my Dell Precision 670 workstation DOES run x64, and very well !

    NNBXX, Jun 26, 2005
  10. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 26, 2005
  11. Guest

    NNBXX Guest

    No Dré, it came only with XP Pro 32 bit preinstalled, but I installed x64
    afterwards, and with the x64 drivers newly released on Dell's website, the
    machine works fine :)

    Regards,

    Jean-Baptiste

    NNBXX, Jun 26, 2005
  12. Guest

    Randy Guest

    Such drivers are supposedly included on the system management CD shipped
    with such systems (used to install an operating system).

    However, my PowerEdge SC1420 has no drivers included on its install CD for
    Win XP Pro x64, only for server versions, since that is the only type OS
    Dell is supporting on it. So it's off to the manufacturer's and vendors'
    websites I go in search of XP drivers... and planetamd64 and extended64
    etc.

    Dell is also supporting a couple of Linux server distros on their
    x64-capable systems (Red Hat and Suse).

    Randy, Jun 27, 2005
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Good luck...
    Drivers are becoming quite scarce. Try getting a x64 driver for the Audigy
    Zs gateway edition lol...

    Guest, Jul 4, 2005