    anyone know where I can locate a driver for hp photosmart 318.. there
    is no driver on the website and the download at driver.com does not
    work thanks

    vid, Jun 28, 2007

  2. vid

    meerkat Guest

    meerkat, Jun 28, 2007

  3. vid

    why? Guest

    Not this one then? Oftem people that looked in the HP site couldn't find
    drivers links were then posted for.

    HP Photosmart 318 Digital Camera
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?lc=en&cc=uk&product=58479&dlc=en&lang=en&
    Only Win ME and 98

    You also didn't say a driver for Which OS, makes guessing more fun.

    Me

    why?, Jun 28, 2007
  4. vid

    John Holmes Guest

    vid "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    1> When running XP with SP2, the OS will detect the camera itself without
    any problems.

    2> Make sure the batteries of the camera are fully loaded.

    3> You'll need a USB2.0 connection on the PC to make it work properly. If
    the onboard USB controller doesn't support USB2.0 you'll need to buy an
    add-on card.

    HTH

    John Holmes, Jun 28, 2007
  5. vid

    Plato Guest

    Driver links:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Drivers

    Plato, Jun 28, 2007
  6. vid

    JonC Guest

    JonC, Jun 29, 2007
  7. vid

    vid Guest

    sorry it was for windows xp2

    vid, Jun 29, 2007
  8. vid

    vid Guest

    after many tries ... I still can't get the camera to work.. in
    response to John's reply... I do have a usb 2.0 connection and
    cable...checked in the system and both the usb and universal serial
    are reporting as in working order... now when I connect the camera I
    am still seeing the connection icon on the toolbar..however...G drive
    is opening with the folders DCIM and in there are two folders 100HP318
    and 101HP318.... when I click on either of these I get error message
    that these files are inaccessable because of a I/O system error

    could it be because the computer is recognizing the camera but there
    is no update????

    there is also another folder MISC with the data file. AUTPRINT.MRK
    inside

    vid, Jul 2, 2007
  9. vid

    why? Guest

    Could it be a format error on the memory card?

    I took some generic camera my folks had, removed the memory card from it
    and it reads in my multicared reader XP Pro SP2. Saves having to muck
    around with USB / leads and software.
    Shouldn't be. Card readers and card formats are pretty much generic.

    If you check the properties of G is the amount of memory okay?

    What about G , right click , Properties / Tools / Error Checking?
    If you don't need any of the files you could try formatting the memory
    card.

    Me

    why?, Jul 2, 2007