    And I am sure if I tried Google I'd get several thousand references that
    would take days to sort out.
    FK

    fkasner, Jun 27, 2005

  2. fkasner

    Sunny Guest

    Tried the Win NT / 2000 driver ?
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=16983
    http://www.printer-drivers.com/drivers/195/195216.htm
    http://www.nodevice.com/Printer/Hewlett-Packard.html
    Discussions here :
    http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=224225

    Sunny, Jun 27, 2005

  3. fkasner

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Did you try the W2K driver?

    Toolman Tim, Jun 27, 2005
  4. fkasner

    Old Gringo Guest

    This may be what you are looking for:
    http://tinyurl.com/c33hh HP 1120c drivers for WinXP ??
    Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Jun 27, 2005
  5. fkasner

    Mike Easter Guest

    That's for the XP "Image Zone Express Software for Photo Sharing,
    Editing and Printing" not the drivers.

    HP has the Win2K drivers at http://snipurl.com/fune HP DeskJet 1120C
    Series Printer Driver 4 Aug 2000 11.8 4.2 MB no XP drivers listed.

    There's also a discussion in the HP support forum
    http://snipurl.com/fung Deskjet 1120c and XP

    but the discussion posted by Sunny at
    http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=224225 is more informative than
    the HP dudes.

    Mike Easter, Jun 27, 2005
  6. fkasner

    Mike Easter Guest

    One suggestion in the HP forum was to use/try the 1220c drivers

    http://snipurl.com/funl download drivers and software for HP Deskjet
    1220c Printer- Microsoft Windows XP

    hp deskjet 1220c series printer driver (full printing system, WHQL
    certified) 29 Apr 2002 2.0 11 MB
    hp deskjet 1220c series printer driver (add printer, WHQL certified)
    22 Nov 2002 2.1 1.6 MB

    11 megs of printer driver? what's with that? The 2K 1120 was over 4,
    that was bad enough.

    Mike Easter, Jun 27, 2005
  7. fkasner

    Old Gringo Guest

    Dear Mr. Mike Easter;
    The tinyurl.com/c33hh takes you to the page at hp for the 1120c
    printer. Once there you can do all kinds of things. In the left
    column where it says Business Support Center, sub heading, tasks for
    your selected product, you choose drivers for WinXP for your selected
    product. And I am now adding you to my list of people who can kiss
    my ass. :)

    Old Gringo, Jun 27, 2005
  8. fkasner

    me Guest

    Our 1120c here at work got to where it wont transport
    paper properly

    Anyone else have that problem?

    me, Jun 27, 2005
  9. fkasner

    fkasner Guest

    No, just the driver that XP offered. The older driver was used on two ME
    boxes.
    FK

    fkasner, Jun 27, 2005
  10. fkasner

    fkasner Guest

    Yes, I know that, but I think you lost track of my original post. I
    pointed out that the XP driver loses much of the functionality of the
    original 9X and Me drivers that was included with the printer from HP.
    Hence the request for some better driver than the XP driver.
    FK

    fkasner, Jun 27, 2005
  11. fkasner

    fkasner Guest

    Mine never was used so heavily that it wore out (the rubber drive wheels
    are probably in bad shape. But they don't grip well enough so that I can
    reliably print double sided by printing odd pages then reversing feed
    for the printed pages and then print the even pages. It will work for
    several pages but, especially in winter with low humidity and lingering
    static electricity charging, tends to make pages stick together and ruin
    the double sided printing. For that I usually use my Epson EPL 7000
    laser printer. But that is dying now and the cost of a new innards is
    almost as much as the cost of a new laser printer at the low end.
    FK

    fkasner, Jun 27, 2005
  12. fkasner

    Toolman Tim Guest

    No, I didn't. Someone tried to convince someone else that there were XP
    drivers at the HP website. There aren't. But you knew that.

    I previously suggested the W2K drivers. Get them from the HP website. They
    may load, they may not. Another post from Mike Easter:

    had some possibly helpful information.

    For what it's worth, I sympathize with you. I have several Canon BJC5000
    printers (11x17 paper size too) that won't work correctly with XP. There are
    workarounds, but they don't offer full functionality of the printer.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 27, 2005
  13. fkasner

    doS Guest

    its the drugs, sorry.

    doS, Jun 28, 2005
  14. fkasner

    Old Gringo Guest

    O M G looking at the wrong thing. My apologies are extended to you.

    Old Gringo, Jun 28, 2005
  15. fkasner

    Mike Easter Guest

    No prob. When I first went to that page I tho't the drivers would be
    there too, because of the way HP linked to the page.

    Mike Easter, Jun 28, 2005