    drive is unformatted, do you want to format?

    Any ideas how to fix this? If I do choose to format, what are the
    chances of recovering files that were on there before format?

    BertieBigBollox, May 4, 2010

  2. I suspect that the drive is shown as a "RAW" drive, usually a sign of
    boot sector damage or incorrect partition type in the MBR. Recovery
    utilities usually handle this problem quite well. See here:
    http://www.z-a-recovery.com/art-raw-filesystem.htm You could also try
    TestDisk and see if it can recover the drive.

    John

    John John - MVP, May 4, 2010

  3. BertieBigBollox

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Peter Foldes, May 4, 2010
  4. I had this problem on one machine with floppies and USB drives that were
    readable on other machines. The only way I could find to solve the
    problem was to reinstall the OS.

    Perce

    Percival P. Cassidy, May 4, 2010
  5. BertieBigBollox

    thedockson Guest

    You maybe could use a live linix cd and drag the files to the working
    drive if it shows them intact.

    thedockson, May 8, 2010
  6. Tried TestDisk but didnt fix the problem...

    BertieBigBollox, May 10, 2010