    to reflect the dual boot system.
    I really don't want to have to install XP again on the D:
    TIA

    Use.Netuser.de, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Sorry people wrong group :-(

    Use.Netuser.de, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Use.Netuser.de

    bcm Guest

    great question i would love to do that too
    i just reinstall everything..i don't trust an image..
    maybe it would copy everything exact..just not
    sure..but don't give up

    bcm, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Use.Netuser.de

    Jim Watt Guest

    I do.

    Jim Watt, Jun 24, 2003
  5. Drive Image is excellent. I normally install a clean OS then image then add
    service packs, necessary drivers and security updates and image again. I can
    then re-install a clean system in around 5 minutes (or a clean image with
    all the extras). The problem here is that if I image a C: drive all the
    paths are saved with C: as the root so can't simply install the same image
    on D:

    Use.Netuser.de, Jun 24, 2003
  6. Use.Netuser.de

    Lurking guy Guest

    Using Acronis TrueImage (and editing the boot.ini file), I have been
    able to copy the same image to two different sized partitions, C:\ and
    F:\ and been able to boot off either. I installed XP to a 6 GB C:\
    partition, then immediately used the TrueImage BootCD to make a
    pristine image of a fresh installation of XP. I then restored the
    image to a 3 GB F:\ Works great. You just have to make sure both
    partitions are not logical.

    Lurking guy, Jun 25, 2003
  7. have to say that drive image has saved my ass on more than one ocasion. Its
    an excellent product.

    Krys

    Krystan Honour, Jul 10, 2003