    respective
    designations.
    How can I do it?

    fencepost, Sep 16, 2003

  2. fencepost

    Stevo Guest

    fencepost wrote:
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > 'H' is the assigned drive letter designation for a partition in a HD
    > slave and 'G' is the
    > is the drive letter designation for a CD-ROM and I wish to swap these
    > respective
    > designations.
    > How can I do it?

    Start | Programs | Administrative Tools

    Go to the Compuer Management then Disk Management...

    You'll need Administrator Privileges...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Sep 16, 2003

  3. fencepost

    Patrick Guest

    Stevo wrote:
    > fencepost wrote:
    >> Win XP Pro
    >>
    >> 'H' is the assigned drive letter designation for a partition in a HD
    >> slave and 'G' is the
    >> is the drive letter designation for a CD-ROM and I wish to swap these
    >> respective
    >> designations.
    >> How can I do it?

    > Start | Programs | Administrative Tools
    >
    > Go to the Compuer Management then Disk Management...
    >
    > You'll need Administrator Privileges...

    As so, (maybe obvious!) but don't forget you can't rename to drive that
    exists, so rename one to drive 'X', rename next drive, then rename 'X'

    Patrick, Sep 16, 2003