    If I put my Canon 24-80mm (conventional 35mm) lens in the dRebel?...
    Can i take 24mm pictures?... (always talking in measures in 35mm)...

    Thanks in advance!!..

    PnP!, Aug 30, 2004

  2. PnP!

    Charles Guest

    Your pictures will appear as if they had been taken with a lens 1.6
    times longer.

    in the case of 24-80, multiply by 1.6.

    The same as if using a 38-128 mm lens with film.

    Charles, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Yes the lens stays a 24~80, but is cropped by 40% It's like making an 8x12"
    print and cutting the center 5x7.5' out of it. to match the FOV (Field of
    View) of your 24~80 you'll need a 15~50mm zoom, the closest lens Canon makes
    is 16~35.

    Darrell Larose, Aug 30, 2004
  4. PnP!

    HRosita Guest

    (PnP!) wrote:

    Hi,

    If you have a 24mm lens, you multiply 24mm by 1.6 to get the lens' capability
    when mounted on a digital camera. So 24mm would be as if you had a lens made
    for digital of 38.4 mm.
    This is nice for zooms because the 80mm becomes 128mm.

    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 30, 2004

  5. But its horrible because my 20mm on my digital camera has the same coverage
    angle as a 32mm lens on a 35mm film camera. I've always used wide angles
    more than longer length lens. I would need a 13mm wide angle on my digital
    camera to get the same angular coverage as my 20mm lens on my film camera.
    The cost of getting a very wide angle lens for my digital camera is what I
    think is the biggest draw back to digital cameras.

    John Passaneau, Aug 30, 2004
  6. John Passaneau wrote:
    []
    So take a look at the Nikon Coolpix 5000, and it's wide-angle lens.

    Approximately 19mm coverage (in 35mm terms).

    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 30, 2004