    If two businesses had similar names but had no connection, they would say
    they had no connection. Classic case, Worldvision.

    They wouldn't say that they are run separately, which implies there is a connection. Don't you agree?

    Graham., Apr 14, 2010

  2. Please do not get me wrong, but if you are really that stupid that you
    are unable to work it out I would suspect your current 'hacked' troubles
    will probably come down to being *your* fault. I base that on your
    inability to understand simple keys and see the obvious in front of your
    nose.

    Vicktor Whieste, Apr 15, 2010

  3. tg

    tg Guest

    update: just as I expected, draytel are refusing to provide these ip
    addresses.

    tg, Apr 15, 2010
  4. tg

    Bodincus Guest

    tg:
    DPA breach, call the ICO.

    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ************************

    Bodincus, Apr 15, 2010
  5. tg

    tg Guest

    graham are you incapable of giving a straight answer?
    if you see a connection between draytek and draytel, what is it?
    just say it.

    tg, Apr 15, 2010
  6. tg

    tg Guest

    1) the hack was at draytels end not mine
    2) maybe you've got the same problem as graham. If you see a common link,
    what is it? just say it.

    tg, Apr 15, 2010
  7. tg

    tg Guest

    unfortunately (for me) not. I rang the ICO who confirmed I do not have any
    right to access to those ip addresses. Thanks for your advice though. If the
    police were were to ask for them then yes, but I can't see old bill showing
    the slightest bit of interest in this lol.

    tg, Apr 15, 2010
  8. tg

    Graham. Guest

    Let me be perfectly clear about this.
    I know nothing at all about Dratel & Draytek other than the products and services they provide.

    I simply pointed out to you a disclaimer on the Draytel website, that appeared to back up Vicktor's assertion that the two companies
    are linked.

    OK?

    Graham., Apr 15, 2010
  9. tg

    Bodincus Guest

    tg:
    Who did you spoke to? I don't believe you are not allowed to access your
    own records for a single second. I happen to know the DPA inside out,
    and as they are YOUR call records, you have full rights to access them.
    The originating IP address of a SIP call is the proof the security
    violation happened. of course they will refuse to hand them over. Sue
    them in the small courts for 10 times the credit you lost.
    Not referring to the IP addresses anyway, Draytel's systems were not
    secure enough to protect your data. *That's* the violation of the DPA.
    Their systems got hacked, write to their data controller AND the ICO to
    ask for explanation. If their systems broke under a brute force or
    dictionary attack, they are not secure as they MUST be.
    It's not your duty to have a super-secure password, and you used the
    password they provided you.
    It's duty of the provider to comply with proper measures to protect your
    data (and your credit).
    I can get you in touch with one of the bosses at the ICO, if you feel
    it's worth. How much have you got stolen?
    --
    Bodincus - The Y2K Druid
    ************************

    Bodincus, Apr 15, 2010
  10. tg

    tg Guest

    I'm a bit late for any further action on this now. The latest on this
    dispute is that draytel have agreed to restore my credit, in return I have
    to agree not to pursue the ip records data I originally asked for. I need my
    voip service back on and I'm happy to get my credit back so i said ok. I did
    find it suspicious that they would not release the data to me and I made my
    suspicions clear to them. They were really jumpy about the data.
    I feel a bit stupid now though because although they promised to restore my
    credit they still haven't actually done so, I'm still waiting with no sip
    service. I know they're just knarked that I made them cave in so now they're
    making me wait, the bastards.

    tg, Apr 15, 2010
  11. tg

    tg Guest

    so after all this crap you don't actually know for sure whether there is a
    definite link...

    tg, Apr 15, 2010
  12. tg

    Bob Eager Guest

    I've already done it. That was a given.

    Bob Eager, Apr 16, 2010
  13. tg

    Bob Eager Guest

    Thats what I said - the details are a bit sparse. I dsidn't think it was
    worth posting all the details.

    Bob Eager, Apr 16, 2010
  14. my abject apologies my liege

    Vicktor Whieste, Apr 16, 2010
  15. tg

    Bob Eager Guest

    Well, it is one of the most blatant attempts I've ever seen! You get the
    occasional person running a part-time business who tries to get away with
    it, but a company the size of Draytek...

    Bob Eager, Apr 16, 2010
  16. tg

    tg Guest

    oh right, so now that's you've crossed the line into name calling, what - as
    you see it - is the concrete link joining draytel to draytek?
    'The DrayTEL service is operated independently of DrayTek Corp'. hmmm, the
    word I see is 'independently'. It's time to come up with the proof.

    tg, Apr 16, 2010
  17. Actually, I think you've exposed Draytek for what they are :) Probably
    run out of a council garage near Milton Keynes.

    Vicktor Whieste, Apr 16, 2010
  18. tg

    Bob Eager Guest

    I thought Luton....! Or, worse, Luton in Medway...

    Bob Eager, Apr 16, 2010
  19. tg

    Bob Eager Guest

    The two companies operate from the same unit on the same business park in
    Borehamwood, according to their WHOIS entries.

    (Nominet have updated the WHOIS entry)

    Bob Eager, Apr 16, 2010
  20. tg

    tg Guest

    The two companies operate from the same unit on the same business park in

    ok thanks for that but at nominet when I now search draytel.org I get:
    Error for "draytel.org". hmmm

    tg, Apr 16, 2010