Draytek 2900 Firmware 2.5.6 - VOIP Settings?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by John Geddes, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. John Geddes

    John Geddes Guest

    Just updated my Draytek 2900VG to firmware v2.5.6, which has got my
    downstream Sipura-2000 working happily, but my the Draytek's two VOIP
    (Sipgate) connections have stopped working - even though the upgrade
    seems to have kept all customised settings unchanged.

    Presumably the default on one or more of the extra options is causing
    trouble, but I don't pretend to understand the techology very deeply,
    and my groping-int-the-dark trials so far have not hit luck.

    For such a sophisticated product, the 27-page hardcopy manual is really
    rather meagre, and I've not found anything more comprehensive online.
    Nor have I even found any printed documentation that has been updated
    for the new firmware.

    Can anyone help?

    Where before there was one setting for SIP Port (5060) and Registrar
    (sipgate.co.uk), now there are separate settings for each line:

    SIP Port (both on 5060 - is that right?)
    Outbound Proxy (sipgate.co.uk, sipgate.co.uk:0, blank or something else?)
    Register via (Auto or WAN?)

    I am presuming that Domain, Proxy, Display Name, Account Name,
    Authentication ID and Password are all as one would expect.

    There is also another new setting I've spotted:

    RTP TOS (IP Precedence 5 suggested - but there is a long list of other
    options)

    Any suggestions gratefully received! In case it makes a difference, I do
    not have a fixed IP.

    John Geddes

    John Geddes, Aug 5, 2005

  2. John Geddes

    Martin² Guest

    Martin², Aug 6, 2005

  3. John Geddes

    John Geddes Guest

    Could not reach those links: even with Draytek forum login remembered by
    my system, it would take me to a list of forums, or at best to a list of
    topics.

    Could you quote the topic description for each so that I can find the
    postings you mentioned?

    Thanks

    John Geddes

    John Geddes, Aug 6, 2005
  4. John Geddes

    Martin² Guest

    John Geddes:
    Forum | Voice-over-IP & SIP | Two registrars please | page 3

    Post from 'urgno' dated 24th July has screenshots of the new firmware.
    HTH
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Aug 7, 2005