    protection but still the same Tried system restore to no avail. Now its
    really beginning to annoy me.
    Any one got any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    Christopher_35, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Christopher_35

    jerryg50 Guest

    You should not run 2 active virus scanners. I am wondering if there are
    any damaged files, because of conflicts.

    When scanning with the adaware and spyware scanners, use only one at a
    time.

    When installing devices, you should always make sure that they are
    approved for XP.

    Jerry G.
    ======

    jerryg50, Jan 30, 2005

  3. This is likely a Shell Extension problem.

    Shell Extensions are in-process COM objects which extends the abilities of
    Windows operating system. Most shell extensions are automatically installed
    by the operating system, but there are also many other applications that
    install additional shell extension components. For example: If you install
    WinZip on your computer, you'll see a special WinZip menu when you
    right-click on a Zip file. This menu is created by adding a shell extension
    to the system.
    The ShellExView utility displays the details of shell extensions installed
    on your computer, and allows you to easily disable and enable each shell
    extension.

    Download shexview, run it, and disable extensions one by one (hint - first
    disable any extensions that have anything to do with divx), till you find
    the offender.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

    WorkingClassHero, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Replace your mouse with a cheap one for a test. Find one for $5 at
    Big Lots or something. If it's the mouse hardware, replace it with
    something you really want and keep el cheapo around for a test unit or
    spare.

    TMI
    Better that than chewing your way through the system for hours on end
    and never find a software solution.

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org