    so that next time I format the disc it will take a mtter of minutes not
    hours tobring the software up to date

    Thanks

    Cantona, Oct 1, 2003

  2. not that I know of, I do know that it does take a hell of a long time to
    download.

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Cantona

    Harrison Guest

    When I had a dial-up, and would also frequently reformat, I downloaded
    the updates manually and kept them on a separate partition. This way,
    I could re-install the software and then run the updates from the hard
    drive.

    Harrison, Oct 1, 2003
  4. Cantona

    °Mike° Guest

    Virus definitions, by there very nature, should not be backed
    up for future use, since they are already out of date. If you
    will use such crap bloatware that updating is a chore, then
    that's your fault. My advice? Use am alternative that is every
    bit as effective (more so, in fact), much leaner, much cheaper,
    and updates in seconds.

    eZ Antivirus

    °Mike°, Oct 1, 2003