    file. I wish the cache worked only for web content and not for download
    files. Is there a way to control this? I don't see it in about:config.

    Thanks.

    Tom Del Rosso, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Tom Del Rosso

    Ed Mullen Guest

    What program?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://mozilla.edmullen.net
    http://abington.edmullen.net
    Fear has its use but cowardice has none. - Mohandas Gandhi

    Ed Mullen, Nov 7, 2006

  3. That would help. Firefox. I'm using 1.5 although maybe 2 or 3 would fix
    this.

    (Why isn't there a Firefox group? I sort of consider this the Firefox group
    in the absence of a dedicated group, which is why I forget to mention it.)

    Tom Del Rosso, Nov 7, 2006
  4. Tom Del Rosso

    Arne Guest

    mozilla.support.firefox (on news.mozilla.org)

    Arne, Nov 7, 2006
  5. Oh, it's not carried to other servers. Thanks.

    Tom Del Rosso, Nov 7, 2006
  6. Links to the support groups:

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 7, 2006
  7. Tom Del Rosso

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Not sure but I think your download history is the issue. You can
    manually clear it by Tools - Downloads - Clean Up button. Or, set it in
    Tools - Options - Privacy - Download History. Set "Remove files from
    the download manager" to "Upon successful download." See if that does it.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Nov 8, 2006
  8. Tom Del Rosso

    Ed Mullen Guest

    It is available on Google Groups. However, you can easily set up
    another account in your current newsreader software for that server. It
    doesn't cost anything.

    Ed Mullen, Nov 8, 2006