    disappearing from the list.

    I am using the default download folder.

    TIA for any ideas.

    Invisible Man, Mar 7, 2010

  2. In the addres bar type: about:config
    Paste this into the "filter" field: browser.download.manager.retention
    Does the value exist?

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Download_Manager_preferences

    browser.download.manager.retention
    Indicates how long downloads are retained in the Download Manager's queue
    after the download is completed successfully.

    0 indicates that the download should be removed upon completion;
    1 indicates that completed and canceled downloads should be removed on quit;
    2 indicates that downloads should never be removed automatically.

    In Firefox and SeaMonkey the default value is 2.
    In Thunderbird the default value is 1;
    If the preference is missing, the value 0 is used.

    MasterBlaster, Mar 8, 2010

  3. Invisible Man

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Ralph Fox, Mar 8, 2010
  4. Absolutely brilliant. Many thanks. It was 0. It is now 2 and I can see
    my downloads to use them without having to open windows explorer - or
    whatever they call it in windows 7.

    Invisible Man, Mar 8, 2010
  5. Don't forget Ralph Fox's better reply..........

    The setting is actually changed there with "Remember what I've downloaded".
    I looked everywhere else *except* that tab, and just stumbled on my solution
    by accident, after assuming there wasn't a box to check. Silly me!

    MasterBlaster, Mar 9, 2010