    Any help very appreciated!

    Much warmth,

    planetthoughtful

    planetthoughtful, Jan 8, 2005

  2. What OS are you using? I have no problem with Windows XP but all sorts
    of problems with Windows 2000 Pro even with the drivers installed.

    Drivers here:
    http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/co...ilAct&fcategoryid=325&modelid=9430#New Window

    Otherwise, goto Canon's site (canon.com) -> Americas -> Downloads ->
    Select camera -> Windows Drivers.

    HTH,

    Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Jan 8, 2005

  3. planetthoughtful

    Colin D Guest

    Consider buying a usb 2.0 card reader for compact flash cards. Not
    expensive, will have its own driver, is portable between machines, and
    is a helluva lot faster than the usb 1.1 interface in the 300D. That's
    providing your laptop is usb 2.0 capable. But even if not, the card
    reader is still a good choice. Beats plugging in the camera and
    flattening its battery. It's what I do here.

    Colin

    Colin D, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Which OS are you using ? There are Windows drivers available from Canon's
    site at http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/

    If you have Linux, you don't need any driver. gphoto2 can download from
    300D directly. GUI front end for gphoto2 is gtkam.

    Gautam Majumdar, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Thanks to all!

    I've downloaded the drivers and am now able to access my camera
    directly via USB.

    Much warmth,

    planetthoughtful

    planetthoughtful, Jan 10, 2005