    wider bandwidth?????

    basically using all yr neighbors signals to feed yr own system
    not just one @ a time but many at the same time

    Hugh Sutherland, Nov 30, 2010

  2. Hugh Sutherland

    G. Morgan Guest

    Look up "multi-homing". The idea is not new.

    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010

  3. Hugh Sutherland

    richard Guest

    Only if the dumbshits don't secure their system.
    When super-wifi goes online, wifi will be history.

    richard, Nov 30, 2010
  4. Hugh Sutherland

    G. Morgan Guest

    I'll bite.

    What is "super-wifi", Richard?

    Point me to a good link please.

    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010
  5. Hugh Sutherland

    G. Morgan Guest

    What on Earth are you talking about? If you can read his mind, that is scary.

    Mesh networks are here, alive and well. It really does not matter what
    frequency the radio operates on if the antenna(s) are installed correctly.

    Companies like this: http://www.airaya.com/ will happily sell RtS "Super-WIFI".

    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010
  6. Hugh Sutherland

    richard Guest

    richard, Nov 30, 2010
  7. Hugh Sutherland

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    richard was telling us all in a earlier post how the antennas would need
    to be huge, like the size of a car. ROFL!

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 30, 2010
  8. Hugh Sutherland

    G. Morgan Guest

    Geeze.... I'm sorry I missed that one.

    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010
  9. Hugh Sutherland

    G. Morgan Guest

    Yeah, that's why everyone had to buy DTV converters or have a TV with an ATSC
    receiver installed. Along with other uses for the newly-freed radio spectrum I
    suppose "Super WIFI" is at the top of many would be competitors to cell phone
    companies (Google, et . all).

    I've never heard it called "Super WIFI", lol... But I see that's what they call
    it!

    You don't really think the antenna is as big as a car do you?

    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010
  10. Hugh Sutherland

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Well at least richard is useful for one thing, his daily stupidity makes
    me laugh just about every day.

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 30, 2010
  11. Hugh Sutherland

    Mike Yetto Guest

    That line doesn't actually need a spoiler alert, but a
    coffee-keyboard alert would have been nice.

    Mike "cleared my sinuses at least" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Nov 30, 2010