    autonomous? Or is there a really cheap way of using something (tftp
    server?) as a WAP controller that isn't going to cost >$300? Just
    thought I'd ask.. Thanks!

    Rick F, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Rick,

    I think just copying the correct IOS image, and erasing the configuration
    will convert the AP to autonomous mode. Converting to LWAP is tricky because
    it requires generating RSA key, etc.

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

    headsetadapter.com, Nov 9, 2007

  3. Rick F

    java123 Guest

  4. Rick F

    Rick F Guest

    Cool.. I've actually got two of these WAP's, but the other is the
    autonomous
    flavor so I could possibly try using that IOS on the other one..
    Thanks for the
    suggestion..

    Rick F, Nov 12, 2007
  5. It's completely opposite of what person wants to do - he has AP in
    Lightweight mode, and he wants to convert it back to autonomous mode.

    Thank you for your purchase. Your order has been processed and shipped by
    the USPS Priority Mail. You can check status of your package online at:

    If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me.

    Sincerely,

    Michael Shavrov
    www.headsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Nov 13, 2007