    the phone rings? If anyone tries to phone when she is online, they just hear
    endless ringing (not a busy signal) and she is always worried that someone is trying
    to phone when she is online. Win XP Pro. TIA!

    Jan, Aug 24, 2003

  2. Jan

    Laffctx Guest

    There is a program that will let you know that you have an incoming call,
    but it will not disconnect your internet connection. I wish I knew the name
    of the software, but it has been a long time since I have seen it. But, it
    is out there.

    Good luck,

    Laffctx

    Laffctx, Aug 24, 2003

  3. Jan

    Boomer Guest

    Jan said:
    Try searching
    www.webattack.com or www.freewarehome.com

    Boomer, Aug 24, 2003
  4. Jan

    here at home Guest

    How come the caller gets an endless ringing tone when the lines engaged? It
    shouldn't happen unless it's one of those cheap phone companies where you
    pay from the moment the callers connected to their system.. Complain to the
    telephone company. You could opt to have the caller redirected when online
    to another phone/mobile though that will obviously cost you extra which wont
    help your financial problems. Some telephone companies have an option to
    have "Caller Waiting" which sends out an intermittent beep within the call
    which would throw you off-line, you could try that. Ask you phone company
    about that service.

    here at home, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Jan

    here at home Guest

    Yes, I've heard of that program too but don't know the software for it.
    Could try looking at: www.download.com for some software about this.

    here at home, Aug 24, 2003
  6. Jan

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 24, 2003
  7. Jan

    Plato Guest

    Tell her to give up the home shopping network as well.

    Plato, Aug 24, 2003
  8. Jan

    DT Guest

    DT, Aug 25, 2003
  9. Jan

    here at home Guest

    Another dumbo! Read the whole of the string!

    here at home, Aug 25, 2003
  10. Jan

    Gary - US Guest

    There are numerous programs available that will alert you when you are
    receiving an incoming call. Do a Google search for them or check on
    download.com. I don't know what they are because thankfully I have
    broadband and hope never to return the medieval days of dial up MUAHAHAHAH!!

    --

    Semper Fi & God Bless America,

    Gary-US MCNGP #20 & retired Jarhead

    http://www.mcngp.tk