    silicon crystal thingies. And wires. Losts of little
    wires and stuff where all thoses 0's and 1's zip
    around, back and forth.

    kpg, Jan 30, 2004

  2. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 30, 2004

  3. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Probably in the HAL.

    Now that you said it, my thoughts exactly.
    98 doesn't have a HAL. I knew that.

    kpg, Jan 30, 2004
  4. They are transistors. They're just REALLY REALLY tiny.

    --
    Fris "Size matters" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 30, 2004
  5. kpg

    JaR Guest

    I'll have y'all know that me an' the little woman been raisin' flyin' pigs
    fer sev'ral years now, and... just sec... some goofball in a red jacket out
    in the back yard. Whut's he doin'? Seems to be drinkin' beer an' singin' to
    one o' my pigs! HEY YOU! SKEDADDLE OUTA THERE AN' LEAVE GERTIE BE!

    Now, where were we?

    Aw, nevermind.

    JaR
    Farmer Thug

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004
  6. kpg

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    you meant this thing:

    http://www.intel.com/intel/intelis/museum/exhibits/hist_micro/hof/pent4.htm

    ftp://download.intel.com/intel/intelis/museum/exhibits/hist_micro/hof/large
    _jpegs/p4(3).jpg

    i thought this thing:
    http://www.saburchill.com/tech/electronics/elect010.html

    <time to get drunk once again.....>

    --
    The Champ comes out swinging every morning @ 9AM.
    Remove the "removethis" from email address to email me.

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 30, 2004
  7. kpg

    JaR Guest

    Another one who shoulda paid more attention in A+ class ;-)

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004
  8. kpg

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    but that's the only friend I have on the whole wide world! no one else
    undertsands me!

    <sniff...sniff...>

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 30, 2004
  9. kpg

    Jtyc Guest

    Only a few million.

    I thought it was up to like 55 million or something. That's not a few.

    Jtyc, Jan 30, 2004
  10. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Yes. You see that little bluish red spot on the
    bottom to the left. Right above that gray thing.
    Now go over two...no three transistors, yes
    that's the one that burned up.

    kpg, Jan 30, 2004
  11. kpg

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    okay i give up. i never did the A+.

    damn, you got me again!

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 30, 2004
  12. kpg

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    oh yeah! i see it now. it's got a little tiny trail of smoke coming out of
    it.

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 30, 2004
  13. kpg

    JaR Guest

    Won't hold it against ya. Just you leave Gertie alone, hear?

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004
  14. I have seen that quite a bit.
    NT is very hardware intensive--9x isn't. If there is a flaw NT stops, 9x
    just keeps on chugging until it hits a fatal error.

    Not saying that 9x wouldn't bluescreen within minutes of booting,but that
    seems to be SOP for 9x anyway <G>

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

    Larry Samuels, Jan 30, 2004
  15. kpg

    Consultant Guest

    correct it has a NAL
    ;-)

    Consultant, Jan 30, 2004
  16. It would be to Bill Gates.

    --
    Fris "Petty Cash" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 30, 2004

  17. Few^4

    How's that?

    Politician Spock, Jan 30, 2004

  18. Paisleyskye has a book she wants to sell to you.

    Politician Spock, Jan 30, 2004
  19. kpg

    JaR Guest

    This has been a tough week on keyboards.

    Anybody know where I can get the MCNGP discount on new ones?

    JaR, Jan 30, 2004
  20. as apposed to paiselysky who will give you the answer
    .... and remember, there is no such thing as a 'stupid' question..

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 30, 2004