    server" change, because I tweaked and untweaked a couple of other things
    trying to find that process (I'm new to Outlook).

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Apr 3, 2008

  2. Jim Beaver

    why? Guest

    Is gmail involved in this?

    Not the first time, it appears to have happened. See what others have
    said,

    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...lpdesk&q=double+email+-watch+outlook+-express

    or shorter

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/yo687h

    Me

    why?, Apr 3, 2008

  3. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    No.

    JB

    Jim Beaver, Apr 4, 2008
  4. What I would suggest you do is set up folders on your webmail
    application and move emails from your "inbox" to them. That way,
    when you use Outlook to download new messages, they will be stored
    away and Outlook won't see them in your inbox. Or, better yet, if
    your webmail program is robust enough, you may be able to set
    something up to mark them as "read" within the app. This could have
    the same effect. Pleae note: I am not an Outlook user, but I do
    use webmail occasionally to check my email when I am not home and what
    I described works quite well with my email application (Evolution on
    Linux)

    --

    This is my signature and I have nothing to say
    I am the walrus, and I get my way

    Baba O'Reilly, Apr 4, 2008
  5. Jim Beaver

    old man Guest

    Try setting the polling interval for 10 mins
    Uninstall any AV plugin

    old man, Apr 4, 2008