    Question are the counters just increasing due to the extra 4 bytes in the
    frame and do NO discards occur in this situation?

    Regards

    carl, Oct 28, 2004

  2. You are correct, if you are transmiting a frame that is already at
    1518 bytes, the extra four bytes will bring you to 1522 and register
    as a baby giant. I don't believe this will cause you any problems.
    The only exception that I can think of, and my memory is fuzy so
    someone else may be able to clarify: I believe under certain
    circumstances a Catalyst Switch will discard baby giants unless
    configured properly, but that probably doesn't apply to your
    situation.

    David Wolfenbarger, Oct 29, 2004