    As a related aside, There were more people living than people who had died
    until very recently (IIRC) ... so we didn't even have 50 % of the data in !
    :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 26, 2012

  2. I was sure he was. It was in the same category as "don't educate the
    peasants, they'll just get uppity".
    It was certainly funny to me ... but ... from further posts in the thread
    it appears he might have been ... serious ? :)

    That actually makes it even funnier. :)

    Regarding the sheep similie being used, I wonder if he realises that sheep
    have been bred for docility over many centuries ? ... and I wonder if he
    thinks that is (as he implies) actually a "Good Thing" ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 26, 2012

  3. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    I'm just trolling, Bruce, but the best trolls contain an atom of truth.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 26, 2012
  4. :) Yeah, I sort of figured that, tho that's not your usual MO from what IO
    remember of you, so it may have been a bit hard to recognise. :)

    I too agree that peasants shouldn't be educated ... as long as I'm not one
    of them. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 26, 2012
  5. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    Oh we've ranged over a few topics, not just Dot Com.
    "Spiritual being"???? Hehehehe.....

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 26, 2012
  6. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    Very true. I talked to a guy once who thought that life length was
    distributed normally. He reckoned that this proved that there were
    people who would live, quite naturally, to 200years or more..
    True.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 26, 2012
  7. All threads drift, that is one of the immutable things about Usenet.

    Liberty Pantry-Rhymer, Apr 26, 2012
  8. My point is that we don't even have that.

    Liberty Pantry-Rhymer, Apr 26, 2012
  9. :) Yeah, I sort of figured that, tho that's not your usual MO from what IO
    remember of you, so it may have been a bit hard to recognise. :)

    I too agree that peasants shouldn't be educated ... as long as I'm not one
    of them. :)[/QUOTE]

    Then you have to elevate yourself from being peasant.
    One doesn't have to continue under the class we are born into.

    Liberty Pantry-Rhymer, Apr 26, 2012
  10. Depends a bit on *when* we are talking about. For many centruries, peasants
    were peasants. No (or very minimal) chance to get out of peasantness (uppity
    peasants were disposed of ... a bit like those sheep we were talking about
    earlier :) ).
    All very well to say something is "possible" ... but if the chances are sod
    all (as recent evidence tends to suggest is still the case even now), then
    "we" need to care for them.

    It's all about people people ! :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 26, 2012
  11. Frank Williams

    Donchano Guest

    And threads tend to stray off in other directions. But read it again
    .... it's not that I'm unwilling to discuss my beliefs. I'm just not
    willing to discuss them with you.

    Donchano, Apr 26, 2012
  12. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    Fair enough. My own views change from time to time.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 26, 2012
  13. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Even the 'leaders' of which you speak end up dead, Cliff. Your
    'argument' is wandering a bit....

    JohnO, Apr 26, 2012
  14. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    Only by your reckoning, JO. Only by yours.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 27, 2012
  15. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    And Donchano's and Bruce's too, and I suspect many others, Cliff.

    JohnO, Apr 27, 2012
  16. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    OK, where do you think it is 'wearing a bit thin'?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 28, 2012
  17. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Who said anything about 'wearing a bit thin'?

    JohnO, Apr 28, 2012
  18. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    Sorry, "wandering a bit".

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 29, 2012
  19. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    What? Can you provide one shred of evidence to support that?

    Didn't think so.
    Cliff, if you are going to make shit up, at least make it believable.

    JohnO, Apr 29, 2012
  20. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    Enkidu, Apr 29, 2012