    i only use ms-dos and was wondering what dos programs would use the
    scanner to import pictures i scanned.

    any and all replies appreciated

    betty, Jun 8, 2004

  2. betty

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Never seen one. I did use scanners as far back as the early 1990s on Windows
    3.1, which runs on top of DOS. You might be able to get a Win3.1 setup from
    eBay really cheap. But you'll also need the scanner drivers as well. If the
    scanner is newer, the manufacturer may not have even written drivers for
    Windows 3.1 for that scanner.

    Of course, if I knew who *made* that scanner, and what model number it is, I
    could have looked it up for you...

    Plus, you'll need some kind of photo editing software. Back in my 3.1 days,
    I used Photoshop LE (a 'light' edition of Photoshop 3) that worked great. Oh
    wait...I'm *still* using it! (Cheapskate until the end of my days <g>)

    Toolman Tim, Jun 8, 2004

  3. betty

    Keith Guest

    In
    You should try to obtain information with the model number on the
    scanner along with the words
    ms-dos dos scanner software
    and see what comes up at http://www.google.com/

    Keith, Jun 8, 2004
  4. betty

    doS Guest

    Dang, you are old......

    doS, Jun 8, 2004
  5. betty

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Feeling that way, at least ;o)

    <<snipped>

    Toolman Tim, Jun 8, 2004
  6. betty

    ProfGene Guest

    The only program that I remember using DOS and pictures is a picture viewer
    that I have somewhere but don't recall ever having used it for anything but
    viewing.

    ProfGene, Jun 8, 2004