    know how to do that using Adblock. I've read elsewhere that it breaks
    extensions. I've also read that the most recent nightly will be up as
    Firefox 1.02 by the weekend.

    elaich, Feb 25, 2005

  2. elaich, <>, the drawling, degenerate reprobate, and street entertainer
    who sings ballads, deplored:

    Achelous Kritopoulos, Feb 25, 2005

  3. elaich

    Plato Guest

    Why would you care to beta test an update if your browser was working
    just fine before?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Plato wrote:

    > Why would you care to beta test an update if your browser was working
    > just fine before?

    Well, in this case, probably because it contains a fix for a security
    issue that was announced last week, and a lot of people wouldn't define
    "working just fine before" as "having that known vulnerability".

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 25, 2005
  5. On 25 feb 2005 elaich <> wrote news:
    in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > It's merely a nightly that's stable and fixes the Unicode issue. We
    > already know how to do that using Adblock. I've read elsewhere that it
    > breaks extensions. I've also read that the most recent nightly will be
    > up as Firefox 1.02 by the weekend.

    Isn't it better if the program it self addresses the issue instead of
    having a plugin doing it? and btw it doesn't "break" extensions, it merely
    disables them.

    --
    R. Amtjip ;-P
    Just mail away, I'm trying out gmail's spam killer by having a REAL

    Robert Amtjip, Feb 25, 2005
  6. elaich

    Plato Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > > Why would you care to beta test an update if your browser was working
    > > just fine before?

    > Well, in this case, probably because it contains a fix for a security
    > issue that was announced last week, and a lot of people wouldn't define
    > "working just fine before" as "having that known vulnerability".

    OK you're right.

    Plato, Feb 26, 2005
  7. elaich

    DC Guest

    Robert Amtjip wrote:
    > On 25 feb 2005 elaich <> wrote news:
    > in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> It's merely a nightly that's stable and fixes the Unicode issue. We
    >> already know how to do that using Adblock. I've read elsewhere that it
    >> breaks extensions. I've also read that the most recent nightly will be
    >> up as Firefox 1.02 by the weekend.

    > Isn't it better if the program it self addresses the issue instead of
    > having a plugin doing it? and btw it doesn't "break" extensions, it merely
    > disables them.

    It does neither here. Upgraded last night, everything works as before,
    no interruptions, no b0rken extensions. Perfectly smooth.

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223
    Firefox/1.0.1

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 26, 2005
  8. elaich

    elaich Guest

    DC <> wrote in

    > It does neither here. Upgraded last night, everything works as before,
    > no interruptions, no b0rken extensions. Perfectly smooth.

    I went ahead and updated after reading all the things that 1.01 fixes.
    Apparently those who were complaining of broken/disabled extensions hadn't
    uninstalled 1.0.

    elaich, Feb 26, 2005
  9. elaich

    DC Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > DC <> wrote in

    >> It does neither here. Upgraded last night, everything works as before,
    >> no interruptions, no b0rken extensions. Perfectly smooth.

    > I went ahead and updated after reading all the things that 1.01 fixes.
    > Apparently those who were complaining of broken/disabled extensions hadn't
    > uninstalled 1.0.

    Likely, yeah. That's just a Windows phenomena, btw.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 26, 2005