    know how to do that using Adblock. I've read elsewhere that it breaks
    extensions. I've also read that the most recent nightly will be up as
    Firefox 1.02 by the weekend.

    elaich, Feb 25, 2005

  2.
    Achelous Kritopoulos, Feb 25, 2005

  3. elaich

    Plato Guest

    Why would you care to beta test an update if your browser was working
    just fine before?

    Plato, Feb 25, 2005
  4. Well, in this case, probably because it contains a fix for a security
    issue that was announced last week, and a lot of people wouldn't define
    "working just fine before" as "having that known vulnerability".

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Isn't it better if the program it self addresses the issue instead of
    having a plugin doing it? and btw it doesn't "break" extensions, it merely
    disables them.

    Robert Amtjip, Feb 25, 2005
  6. elaich

    Plato Guest

    OK you're right.

    Plato, Feb 26, 2005
  7. elaich

    DC Guest

    It does neither here. Upgraded last night, everything works as before,
    no interruptions, no b0rken extensions. Perfectly smooth.

    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223
    Firefox/1.0.1

    DC, Feb 26, 2005
  8. elaich

    elaich Guest

    I went ahead and updated after reading all the things that 1.01 fixes.
    Apparently those who were complaining of broken/disabled extensions hadn't
    uninstalled 1.0.

    elaich, Feb 26, 2005
  9. elaich

    DC Guest

    Likely, yeah. That's just a Windows phenomena, btw.

    DC, Feb 26, 2005