    briefly advise me of the procedure and what pitfalls there may be. Also any
    recommendation for companies to use would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Bobby, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Normally £1.99 per year for .co.uk domains (must be done in 2 years blocks) and
    then there is a sometimes admin fees on top
    I have used http://www.oneandone.co.uk before and found them to be good.
    When you register a domain with them there is a control panel that you use via a
    password that allows forwarding etc

    Steven Pilbeam, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Bobby

    Plato Guest

    Yes. The catch often is what they charge you to change your DNS info. ie
    when you have to switch hosting companies. Or, they have rude charges
    for "parking" domains that you
    register but aren't ready to use yet.

    Plato, Aug 15, 2003
  4. Often they are not registering the domain name for you. Rather, they are
    registering it to themselves and charging you for the dubious privilege of
    using their domain. Ensure, when you register a domain, that it really WILL
    be registered in your name, and that YOU control the DNS so that you can
    use any domain host you want without problems.

    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 15, 2003