    whois search.

    How can my brother prevent his details showing in his whois search?

    Thanks

    *** HAWK, Feb 7, 2004

  2. what's his domain?

    The Delusional Customs Agent (I'm GS13337..ph33r m, Feb 7, 2004

  3. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    sorry..
    its a .com domain
    "The Delusional Customs Agent (I'm GS13337..ph33r me!)"
    <0ck.was.here.net>

    *** HAWK, Feb 7, 2004
  4. *** HAWK

    HamMan Guest

    A legal requirement from the domain registrar (schlud & partner for 1&1) is
    that they provide information to contact the owner. This is usally done to
    stop spam or make sure the police can get in touch with someone if there is
    illegal material on the site.

    hamman

    HamMan, Feb 7, 2004
  5. *** HAWK

    Richard Guest

    If I kenw the domain names I could easily find out what ever information it
    is you gave to the registrar.
    Some registrars do not allow other "whois" inquiries to access their
    database, such as godaddy.com.
    ICANN has strict rules in which you will provide personal information to
    your registrar or the domain name could be terminated.

    If you'd prefer not using your personal information, use your host's
    business address.
    Tne imprtant thing, is being able to contact a responsible person in case of
    problems.

    My registrar said I had to include a working phone number, even though ICANN
    says no I do not.
    So I used my host's phone number.

    Richard, Feb 7, 2004
  6. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Ok Cheers for the info guys.

    *** HAWK, Feb 8, 2004
  7. I believe you'll find that if you reg with GoDaddy and want that kind of
    privacy, that shielding is done by DomainsByProxy. My point is that
    it's not an automatic thing with GoDaddy -- you have to specifically
    sign up that way, for a few extra bucks.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 8, 2004