Dolphin lantern changing battery.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geopelia, May 29, 2013.

  1. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I had trouble changing the battery in the Dolphin lantern as there are no
    plus and minus signs inside the one I have.

    So I looked it up on the internet and found a website. The springs go to the
    front.

    Here you are, (if you are as dumb as me)

    http://www.ehow.com/how_5541200_install-battery-energizer-floating-lantern.html

    And to get the front off you just unscrew it. People seem to have had
    trouble working that out too.

    It's a great lantern, we've had one for years. Good in a power cut. The
    battery lasts ages.
    They are supposed to float, but I haven't tried that.

    Perhaps the latest model do have the + and -
    Countdown have got a lot of them. Big yellow things.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, May 29, 2013

  2. geopelia

    Katipo Guest

    That reminds me, I need a new battery for mine too.

    Darn good torches.

    Katipo, May 29, 2013

  3. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Heh! Thanks EMB, saved me finding a link for it. :) I'd already started
    looking and it's not on the eveready.com site.

    From what I could see checking one out in-store it looks like quite a good
    LED too, not one of those cheap'n'nasty ones that are appearing everywhere.
    (Although I couldn't open it to check cooling/'sinking.) Mind you for $31.19
    it should be good.

    I've noticed there seems to be two approaches to LED torch technology; The
    first is *damn* bright - as Dave mentioned, thousands of lumens. The second
    is to put out a similar amount of light as a tungsten filament bulb but have
    10x the battery life. Both are useful.

    Cracks me up though, I have a torch in my small keyring / 'purse' (where I
    put my gold coins, a bootable 8GB USB stick....) that takes one AAA battery
    and is brighter than the heavy beast of a thing we used to go spotlighting
    for 'possums with on the farm! *And* it'll run for over half an hour on one
    (rechargeable) battery! <shakes head>
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."