Doing a WHOIS on website addresses

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Heidi Manway, Jan 21, 2007.

  1. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    x-no-archive:yes
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    Thanks for your help Jasen I found this website www.who.is WHOIS Look
    Up

    I checked out www.ratemyhospital.ie and the Spyware Provider
    Errorguard that I paid to have installed in my computer.

    www.errorguard.com the results are as follows

    ratemyhospital.ie

    What does the terminology admin-c: ACL377-IEDR
    tech-c: HH36-IEDR mean see below??

    It links through to www.medmedia.ie the company however no email
    addresses just webforms
    no webmaster or technical support email or telephone contacts

    Is this what they call aPrivate Registristion by Proxy???

    % Rights restricted by copyright;
    http://www.domainregistry.ie/copyright.html
    % Do not remove this notice

    domain: ratemyhospital.ie
    descr: MedMedia Limited
    descr: BODY CORPORATE (LTD,PLC,COMPANY)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: ACL377-IEDR
    tech-c: HH36-IEDR
    renewal: 29-August-2007
    status: Active
    nserver: NS1.HOSTING365.IE
    nserver: NS2.HOSTING365.IE
    nserver: NS3.HOSTING365.IE
    source: IEDR

    person: John Gibbons
    nic-hdl: ACL377-IEDR
    source: IEDR

    person: Hosting 365 Hostmaster
    nic-hdl: HH36-IEDR
    source: IEDR

    Extended Information - :

    IP Address: 82.195.130.250
    IP Location: Ireland
    Website Status: active
    Server Type: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    Cache Date: 2007-01-21 05:43:11 MST
    Available Domains:
    RateMyPatients.com
    RateMyPatients.net
    RateMyClinic.com
    RateMyClinic.neton www.errorguard.com reveals this

    Domain Name: errorguard.com

    clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited

    Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
    Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com

    Expiration Date: 2007-09-13
    Creation Date: 2004-09-13
    Last Update Date: 2006-07-25

    Name Servers:
    ns1.errorguard.com
    ns2.errorguard.com

    Extended Information - :

    IP Address: 207.44.178.50
    Website Status: active
    Server Type: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
    Cache Date: 2007-01-21 07:58:15 MST
    Compare Archived Data: 2006-03-03
    Available Domains:
    ErrorProtect.net
    ErrorClippers.com
    ErrorClippers.net
    FaultGuard.net
    ErrorGuardClippers.com
    ErrorGuardClippers.net
    MistakeGuard.com
    MistakeGuard.net

    The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WhoIs database,
    while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
    with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
    information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
    in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
    Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden
    without the prior written
    permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
    you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In
    particular,
    you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make
    possible,
    dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety,
    for any
    purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
    and solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
    not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic
    electronic
    processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
    including mining this data for your own personal or commercial
    purposes.

    Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
    in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
    is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

    Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.

    This one seems totally Private No emails, phone numbers, or fax
    contacts even when you check www.godaddy.com out

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 21, 2007

  2. Heidi Manway

    Enkidu Guest

    I used a different whois and got more information. I suggest that you
    try that. There is one on the DomainMonger site under 'links'.

    The information that you have posted for 'errorguard.com' does not
    appear to be a valid whois entry.

    I'd consider it a bit iffy if anyone posted my Domain Name information
    on the Internet. What are you trying to achieve?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Jan 21, 2007

  3. Heidi Manway

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Good question.
    There have been a few cross posted posts about various support issues due
    to spyware.

    I think the OP needs to look at this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    Dave Taylor, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Registration (whois) details of a domain are publiclly available . over the
    last few year a few companies got around this rule for .com's (can't be done
    for .nz) and started running "privacy registries" which people hide behind.
    If you have .nz you have to follow the .nz rules have put your contact
    name/address down when registering the domain and you can't hide (if you put
    down false/non-real details you might find soon that your domain may get
    cancelled)

    But coming down, if you think something has done wrong go to the police and
    they can get this information in legal ways.

    Thanks
    Craig

    Craig Whitmore, Jan 23, 2007