    Remember, I am formatting the IDE drive, that's where XP will go, and the
    SATA drive is used to store data, my music projects and so on.

    Thanx

    BC, Nov 9, 2003

  2. BC

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 01:18:31 -0000, BC wrote:

    No replies, from the last time you asked? It was only about 1 day
    between posts.
    Partitioned only? Not formatted? Then don't worry it can always be
    redone.
    The drive and partitions are 2 different aspects. Seeing the drive
    detected in the SATA device list at boot up and any particular OS seeing
    it after.
    Never had an issue before, using NT(IDE/SCSI mix) /2000 (IDE/SATA
    mix)/XP Pro (IDEs only). Reinstalled OS and disk manager detected all
    existing other drives and partitions. All of them were NTFS.
    If you had to load a Windows XP, Silicon Image(for example) SATA
    controller driver, to enable access to the SATA device before. You will
    have to do it again.
    Um.... so the drive is already partitioned and formatted and has data on
    it. You could disconnect it during the reinstall, install any device
    drivers you need first then reboot with the drive reconnected.
    DVD writer, holds just a bit more than CDR. Then again something like
    Norton Ghost / Drive Image to an other disk. Ghost also does compressed
    backups to CDR.
    It's worth doing a backup in *any* case not just for any specific reason
    but to simply have one or more.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Nov 9, 2003

  3. BC

    BC Guest

    thanx for the reply, i was desperate cuz I wanted to do the reinstall today,
    Sunday, have some spare time.

    BC, Nov 9, 2003