Doing A COPY Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Jun 2, 2006.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Sometimes, after posting a quetion to a newsgroup, or a Forum, I'm lucky
    enough to get
    many replies. I like to Copy the replies to a Word document for future
    saving and reference.

    I can copy the individual ,original text replies; no problem.

    Sometimes there are so many it's quite inconvenient.

    If I do a Select All, and a Copy, and then a Paste to the Word document, I
    get all the graphics and nonsense images that were also on the page.

    Was wondering if there is any way to do a select-all, and then a copy that
    would just grab the
    message(s) text portions only ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Robert11

    Spuds Guest

    Yep, use Edit -> Paste Special -> Unformatted Text.

    Spuds, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Robert11

    John Guest

    Past it into notepad (or similar text only application) and delete any
    irrelevant words like "advertisement" - then copy from that...

    John, Jun 2, 2006